- August 2, 2021
- Protest material
Attain you have a portion of affirm material that continues to remove of us neatly past its anticipated “sell by” date? What end you end with it? In its establish of simply sharing the equal thing except it’s fizzled out, there’s a probability to end – and get – rather more.
When I stare that one in all our marketing assets is horny of us successfully, campaign after campaign in outbound channels, or month after month in inbound, it’s a transparent signal that a part of our target viewers cares deeply about the topic. And seeing as any single portion can handiest quilt a small segment of a vast thought, I do know there’s a mountainous likelihood that I’m able to explore it in further solutions and sustain the engagement flowing.
As affirm material creators, we all repurpose affirm material once in a while for rather a few causes – to agree with gaps within the agenda, because any individual requested for a wander job, there’s rather a few tactical wants. But it’s very different after we’ve created one thing that’s performing far past frequent expectations. When that happens, it’s esteem we’ve found an especially rich seam in a gold mine. And that gifts a probability for strategic repurposing that it’s most realistic to by no blueprint let poke by. Right here are a few questions I arrangement to resolution after I’ve struck pay grime with affirm material, so I could even be optimistic that I get all I’m able to out of it.
#1 – What repurposing blueprint must you decide?
Be conscious, we’re talking specifically about affirm material that has garnered high engagement over a duration of time. Be cautious of objects which would maybe well perhaps be one-hit wonders – affirm material that performed neatly first and most predominant however saw a snappy drop-off in engagement – as these may maybe mirror a immediate-lived match or time-sensitive model that now no longer resonates along with your viewers.
In by leveraging high-performing affirm material from a particular format, it’s helpful to opt into consideration what repurposing blueprint will most efficient pork up both your audiences’ wants and your priorities. There are rather a few approaches you might well decide to repurposing – I’ve highlighted a few I return to progressively:
- Train translation. Steal the affirm material in its recent format and translate it correct into a different format. In this manner, you might well consist of some recent facts, however the topic, legend arc and intended viewers remain the equal.
- Expansion. Pull one thought from the “guardian” asset and originate or expand upon it to portion further thinking.
- Novel standpoint. Develop into the affirm material topic to note it to a recent persona kind and use case.
#2 – How must the recent affirm material be different from its “guardian”? What wants to be retained?
While one may maybe watch any by-product execution as nothing better than a copycat, to maximise affect it wants to be better than a gussied-up rehash. Your followers gained’t esteem being served leftovers, and recent audiences are logically attempting to search out one thing different from what you’ve served up already. So, while there is some reuse going on here, this recent asset wants to be distinctly different from its “guardian” portion, both within the affirm material itself, in its format, or both.
While you’ve sure what repurposing blueprint you’re taking, review the affirm material to verify what ingredients, solutions, or imagery you are going to carry over to the recent portion. Again, the recent asset wants so that you simply can face on its non-public as a precious portion. The full context of the guardian shouldn’t be wanted. And ideally, while audiences wants so that you simply can be taught the recent portion by itself to accomplish an working out of the vast thought, they must moreover be in a predicament to be taught both objects collectively and advance away feeling even better educated for having consumed both (pro-tip: the two must link support to 1 yet every other).
#3 – Have to light the format alternate? If that is the case, how?
After we deem about repurposing, our minds progressively leap to recent formats, however that doesn’t continuously must be the case. Let’s reveal, whenever you’ve created a a hit webinar that attracts interest as an on-demand asset, you might well need found a probability to create a webinar series around the topic. No topic formats you in settling on to your recent versions, they must target the consumption preferences of your audiences per your historic recordsdata if imaginable. That said, because we end know that of us esteem to luxuriate in affirm material in numerous solutions, a recent format can powerfully extend your potentialities of horny recent of us.
Earlier than selecting your recent repurposing format, opt into consideration factors esteem the form of facts being shared, how this may perhaps be deployed and the blueprint in which this may perhaps be considered. Right here are a few affirm material formats I use and the concerns I opt into narrative when constructing recent executions from an recent high-performing portion.
- E-books. As a long-create portion of affirm material, e-books may even be a genuine blueprint for repurposing different long format work. Since these opt rather a few effort, opt into consideration your audiences’ known preferences before committing.
- Webinars. As a high-engagement format, webinars may even be effective at connecting strongly to targeted personas. But they end require further assets to tug off (from registration to internet internet hosting). They’ll even be change into seriously more straightforward whenever you already have a genuine asset on the topic in yet every other create, and more straightforward light whenever you might well persist with it an further educated as a guest to your reveal.
- Blogs. As a shorter format, blogs are helpful after they point of interest on a discrete thought, maybe taken from a protracted portion. Or they’ll support as an outline of a topic you’ve dived deeply into someplace else.
- Infographics. If your affirm material involves predominant or secondary examine or rich recordsdata, an infographic may even be a mountainous approach to introduce the topic or provide helpful pointers and instant takeaways. Infographics can moreover point of interest on ingredients of a protracted legend that may maybe abet from more visual storytelling.
Repurposing affirm material has continuously been practiced by affirm material groups as a formulation to feed the insatiable affirm material engine. Yet the note may even be misused. My high-performing affirm material-essentially based blueprint affords the signals I must be assured that my viewers in actuality does want to hear more on a topic. Indubitably, I use it both to opt what’s going to even be repurposed and to thought what subject issues I like to recommend that we lean into going forward.