Telangana minister KTR had promised monetary help to Malika Handa in his personal ability on January 3 whereas reacting to tweets about the Punjab govt allegedly denying her cash awards due to the lack of a protection for deaf sportspersons.
Malika Handa with Telangana minister KTR (Source: KTR/Twitter)
In a heart-warming gesture, Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao’s (KCR) son and cupboard minister K.T.Rama Rao (KTR) called deaf & nonetheless chess champion Malika Handa from Punjab to Hyderabad and gave her Rs 15 lakh cheque as allotment of monetary give a steal to moreover presenting a computer to help her opt part in an on-line chess championship
Earlier, the Telangana minister had answered to a video of Malika on Twitter and offered to enhance give a steal to. Malika Handa flew down from Jalandhar to Hyderabad at the invitation of KTR.
KTR, who is a minister for industry and records technology, said that he called Malika Handa in his personal ability after getting to know about her quandary and the unfair remedy she used to be receiving from the Punjab notify govt.
— Malika Handa (@MalikaHanda) January 4, 2022
All over the assembly, minister KTR said that Malika has brought laurels to the country. “We’re comfortable with what she has accomplished unless now and she surely deserves the total credit for the exhausting work she has assign in,” he said.
On this occasion, the minister also asked for inputs from Malika on what roughly insurance policies could perchance perchance perchance furthermore be offered in to supply a steal to specially-abled sportspersons from Telangana. He asked the officials to ogle the staunch protection frameworks that could perchance perchance be tailored to profit such sportspersons in Telangana Roar.
KTR also appealed to the union minister for formative years affairs and sports Anurag Thakur to fabricate Malika with a govt job.
Kept my promise to help the proficient @MalikaHanda Ji
Met her today time & extended monetary give a steal to of ₹15 lakhs (in personal ability) & talented her a computer which will help her in preparation for future championships
— KTR (@KTRTRS) January 10, 2022
With the support of an interpreter, Malika interacted with Minister KTR and expressed that Chess is now not being considered as a mainstream sport by the Govt of India but.
“I am overwhelmed with the heat welcome and provides a steal to obtained from the Telangana Govt. My heartfelt due to the Minister KTR for recognising me and supporting me,” Malika conveyed.
In conserving with the chess participant, she used to be educated that the notify govt cannot give her a job and cash reward as the govtdoes now not trust this kind of protection for deaf sports.
She claimed that Punjab sports minister Pargat Singh educated her that the promise used to be made by the minister in the outdated govt and the most up-to-date govt cannot live one thing about it. She said she used to be injure as her 5 years got wasted.
Malika Handa profile:
- Malika Handa, 26, is an Indian skilled chess participant who is deaf & nonetheless. Mallika holds a Bachelor of Arts level. She is the first Indian woman to protect a gold medal in the Global Deaf Chess Championship, which took assign in Armenia in 2016.
- Malika used to be born in Jalandhar, Punjab. She used to be now not born deaf but lost her listening to and speech when she used to be one three hundred and sixty five days extinct. Now, she lives with a 90 p.c listening to disability.
- She began to play chess at the age of 15 and has obtained the national deaf chess championship six times unless now.
- She is the handiest woman from Punjab to trust represented the notify 9 times in national championships. She has obtained one gold and two silvers on this planet deaf chess championship and as effectively as in the Asian deaf chess championship.
- Malika is now making ready for the World Championship which is scheduled to occur in September 2022 in Poland.