Western Digital creates environments for data to thrive. The company is driving the innovation needed to help customers capture, preserve, access and transform an ever-increasing diversity of data. Everywhere data lives, from advanced data centers to mobile sensors to personal devices, our industry-leading solutions deliver the possibilities of data. Western Digital® data-centric solutions are marketed under the G-Technology®, SanDisk®, and WD® brands. We strongly believe that leveraging data in an ethical, safe, and secure manner is critical for our advancement as a society. It is imperative that we build innovative, data-led solutions and services to address the critical challenges of today as well as build a better tomorrow.
Western Digital India announces ‘Data Innovation Bazaar 2020’ (DIB 2020) with our partners, Startup India, Invest India and ecosystem partners MeitY (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology), TiEDelhi. Through this initiative, we aim to play a critical role in supporting the vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem, thus creating significant value for India as a nation. We hope to create value by addressing key economic and societal needs. Western Digital India continues the legacy of DIB as a platform to showcase ideas that have the potential to solve key issues of national importance, by leveraging the power of data
Problem Statements for DIB 2020
- Healthcare: Establish, create & promote health application systems & services for all including special needs
- Education: Implement initiatives that aim to uplift the existing education infrastructure through empirical data-intensive technological advances and access to initiatives at scale
- Financial Inclusion: Provide sustainable digital services leveraging emerging technologies and data services
- Energy & Environment: Data-driven solutions that maximizes the resources to make energy and environment sustainable, accessible and efficient.
- Agriculture: Create solutions that help farmers to identify and implement innovative technology that offers innovative technology with real-time data & predictive analysis
- Logistics: Create innovative solutions to solve for current challenges and unleash growth of India’s logistics sector
- Smart Cities: Solutions that improve the city-wide infrastructure and systems to enable services that enhance quality of life.
- Smart Video: Create and Implement Intelligent Video Security Systems & Architectures that scale in a seamless and cost-effective way
- Connected Homes/Buildings/ Offices: Delivering a truly viable control center through both existing devices and new, stand-alone products
- Next-Generation Connected Transportation: Create & implement solutions regarding safety, advancement & working of various transportation modes, including connected & autonomous Vehicles
- Top 40 teams to receive TiE membership and a chance to present their innovative ideas and concepts in a bazaar type format at a marquee government venue
- Opportunity to network with leading policymakers, industry veterans, investors and academia
- Top 3 teams stand the chance to win a total of cash prizes worth Rs. 20 lakhs
- Top 10 teams will be invited to attend an exclusive, three-day innovation boot camp event with Western Digital leadership, at the Western Digital’s Bengaluru campus
- Special Prize worth INR 2 lakhs to be awarded to Women Entrepreneurs